Pure Imagination Studios is looking for an experienced, team-oriented, self-motivated jr/mid Unreal Artist to join our team in Los Angeles. This position is a temp position.
- To work closely with the CG Superviser to develop real time animation pipeline, and help develop visual ideas, and create a final Look and Feel based on mood boards, and verbal directives.
- Integration of art assets into Unreal with initial lighting both exterior and interior.
- Active participation in technical and artistic discussions and problem solving.
- Maintains a consistent style under director of production designers, art directors and creative directors.
Education and/or Experience Required:
- 2+ years lighting experience in games industry as an environment, material shader artist with at least one AAA game shipped on PC or console.
- 2 + years of experience using Maya, Photoshop, Z-Brush, Mudbox or equivalent.
- 2+ years of experience with asset development for Unreal.
- Good sense of color theory, scene composure, and theatrical / feature film lighting.
Skills, Abilities, Special Licenses or Certificate:
- Experience with PBR material development for use in Unreal.
- Experience with VR HMDs like Rift and Vive.
- Good visual and technical understanding of 3D modeling and texturing.
- Strong knowledge of real-life architecture, materials and lighting.
- Strong knowledge of texture mapping (including normal, diffuse, spec etc), UV mapping and generation along with texture creation and painting.
- Knowledge of Substance advantageous.
- Knowledge of shader development in Unreal advantageous.
- Knowledge of scripting (C++ / Unreal Blueprint) useful.
- Strong organizational and communications skills along with understanding production values, deadlines and priorities.
- Willing to take direction and be a team player.