Pure Imagination Studios is looking for an experienced Senior VR/Interactive Producer to join our team in Los Angeles. This position starts ASAP and is a Full-time, Long-Term/Permanent Position with competitive compensation and excellent benefits package.
This dynamic person is passionate about technology, has an excellent client and interpersonal skills, is a team leader, detail oriented, self-motivated and a self-starter. This candidate has the technical knowledge to develop a world-class, IP-based interactive entertainment experience, has excellent time management and budgeting skills, sets and maintains the pace for the talented crew of engineers, coders, designers, and artists, not afraid to roll up their sleeves and jump on the box when needed, while staying on budget and on-time for final delivery of the highest quality.
- Manage one or more projects from award through final product delivery and support.
- Build and maintain a relationship with production companies, platforms, directors to ensure a robust selection of potential partners for upcoming opportunities.
- Support development of pitches for new projects.
- Prepare proposals for new projects for internal and external approvals.
- Works closely with Senior Project Management and Senior Staff to assist with all aspects of the development of 360 Videos and/or interactive VR experiences from ideation to completion/publication.
- Work and communicate with a variety of creative and business stakeholders who come from non-technical and non-interactive backgrounds.
- Plans, provides, manages and tracks all needed services required for a final publishable VR Interactive experience including hardware, vendors, direction, editing, sound and other specialized support.
- Develop and monitor budgets and schedules across organizations.
- Collaborate with talent and engineering managers to create and execute staffing plan for projects.
- Manage and lead end-to-end publishing process for completed projects interfacing with platforms, internal groups, production companies and studio stakeholders.
- Lead a team of designers and developers through all phases of project from set up and approvals through closeout and postmortem.
- Communicate frequently with key stakeholders on the status of projects.
- Collaborate/partner with Show Producer/Project Manager to serve as client liaison for production, including tracking and reporting progress of work, budgeting and negotiating cost and timeline of work, and delivering cost/schedule changes to ensure that internal and client stakeholders’ expectations are aligned.
- Oversee QA process.
- Manage quality control process.
- Manage crew performance.
- Supervise and train assigned production management staff.
- Responsible for crew motivation and morale during production.
- Ensure and empower the team to carry out the goal at hand, achieve the schedule, provide the resources they need to deliver on time and at a high-quality level.
- Minimum of 5+ years experience in interactive games/software/entertainment industry.
- Have a passion for games, and in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience with VR across multiple HMD’s, production, post-production, and publication process for interactive/360 videos and other experiences.
- Three years of experience as a Lead, Senior, Supervising or Executive Producer, Sr. Development Director, or similar product owner role.
- Experience managing internal development teams, preferably on AAA titles.
- Experience managing external development work/outsourcing, including contract negotiation.
- Ability to multi-task/manage multiple projects in various stages of production under tight timelines/deadlines.
- Ability to work creatively and effectively in a demanding technical environment and with individuals from diverse backgrounds/points of view.
- Detail oriented relating to QC/assurance processes on VR Interactive/360 video projects.
- Working knowledge of industry-standard software.
- Manage, control and track digital assets.
- In-depth knowledge of the software development process requirements using various production methodologies.
- Experience using agile project management methodology.
- Experience managing and creating complex budgets and schedules.
- Approach challenges creatively and methodically, identify and resolve risks, problems and conflicts while working with team members (all levels), seeing them through to final resolution.
- Communicate frequently with the production.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related business field.