This person will be responsible for performing the functions of a narrative animation editor, working with storyboards, previz footage, animation, and final footage—all with a high degree of responsibility. This person will be assembling storyboards, temp music, temp dialogue, and temp SFX, as well as editing music to create compelling animatics that effectively communicate the directors’ visions to our customers. This editor will also be involved in creating marketing content in support of the projects and additional experience editing short-form commercials, trailers, and sizzle reels would be an added bonus.
He / she must be able to operate with varying degrees of supervision, taking ownership when needed while remaining flexible to iteration and collaboration. They must also be able to update and organize footage, generate reviewable files, and handle final deliveries of necessary formats with or without the aid of an assistant editor.
- A minimum of 3 years’ professional editorial experience in a film, animation, narrative television, or gaming cinematics
- Extensive hands-on experience with Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe Creative Suite
- Good sense of timing, pacing, and controlling story flow
- Experience interfacing with other departments (e.g. Sound, Storyboard, Animation, etc.)
- Knowledge of current industry-standard post-production workflows and organization
- Advanced video compression techniques and associated software packages
- Able to learn quickly and adapt to new technologies and different work methodologies
- Highly self-motivated with excellent communications skills
- Able to work well under tight deadlines and quick project turnover
- Able to work closely with multiple directors, producers, the lead animation editor, animation assistant editors, and other team members
- Able to troubleshoot and solve problems independently
- Experience with sound recording and sound editing.
- Experience with cutting marketing-related pieces (sizzle reels, commercials, promos, behind-the-scenes, etc.)
- Experience with Adobe After Effects
- Experience with Color Correction software packages and color standards
- Animation / 3D Title Creation / Storyboarding / or other related skill