Pure Imagination Studios is looking for an experienced CG Generalist to join our dynamic team in Los Angeles. This position requires knowledge of numerous disciplines on the pipeline for VR. Experience in animation, modeling, and VR are key for eligibility.
This position starts ASAP and is a Full-time/Permanent Position with competitive compensation and excellent benefits package.
- Model, shade, light, composite with Maya, Houdini, or Nuke.
- Partner with the VR Supervision teams, Discipline Leads, and Programmers, to plan the creative and technical approach to multiple VR productions and to deliver user-friendly tools (both standalone and written specifically for existing 3D CG packages).
- Define and effectively describe efficient and innovative workflows for internal teams and external customers.
- Investigate new workflows for integrating CG and live-action in VR, for internal and external customers.
- Produce beautiful content for external partners and internal customers.
- A minimum of 3-years professional experience in the VFX, Animation, VR, and/or Games industries.
- Working knowledge and experience in modeling, lighting, surfacing, and compositing.
- Strong eye for lighting, color, composition, and detail.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 or Unreal Engine 3.
- Accomplished visual artist (Games/Animation/VFX) with credits on at least one Title/Feature.
- Working knowledge of the content creation tools and processes involved in real-time 3D asset production.
- Experience with 3D tools including 3DS MAX, MAYA, Autodesk 3D, Zbrush.
- Excellent Maya or similar 3D modeling software.
- Experience working with engineers in Look Dev or research.
- Production experience texturing and shading in packages like Substance Painter, Mari, or Adobe Suite.
- Production experience in 3d Sculpting packages like Mudbox and Zbrush.
- Ability to work within memory and performance constraints while maintaining high visual quality.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Self-motivation and the ability to collaborate effectively with a team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong organizational, planning and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Works well with others.
- Positive, “can-do” attitude and a sense of humor.
- High degree of comfort with constant change.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Working remotely can be a consideration.