Pure Imagination Studios is looking for an experienced, team-oriented, self-motivated, real-time developer with experience in Unreal Engine 4 (primary) and Unity (secondary) for ongoing work with future and current projects in production, and/or long-term related R&D. Salary will depend on candidate’s experience.
- Work with fellow programmers, as well as the rest of the production team, as a lead programmer and manager.
- Use UE4’s framework to create game systems and features in C++ and Blueprint, factoring external direction and team feedback into design decisions.
- Guide artists and Blueprint developers to create work that adheres to the design of game systems while maintaining good style and optimization standards.
- Dive into the UE4 source to make necessary architectural changes and understanding how that will affect future versions of the engine.
- Work with VR tools and concepts for the development of complex high-level stationary, room-scale and arena VR experiences, as well as the integration of related peripherals and prop motion-tracking.
- This is a general programmer role, so tasks will involve things ranging from, but not limited to: Simple and complex AI, UI, cinematics, optimization, engine functionality, particle effects integration, sound integration, and general gameplay mechanics.
- Work with emerging technologies to create new tools and systems for interactive real-time production.
- Produce clean, well-documented code.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Unreal Engine 4 or 4+ years of experience with Unreal Engine 3.
- 4+ years with C++, both within the confines of Unreal and in general.
- Experience launching at least one shipped title.
- Experience with development for Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, Gear VR, or other VR (and/or AR) tools and related hardware.
- Understanding of Computer Science fundamentals.
- Experience with Perforce version control, including streams and integration processes.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Must be able to work on site. No remote applicants.
- Must have very strong problem-solving and analytic skills.
- Working knowledge of the content creation tools and processes involved in real-time 3D asset production.
- Experience with one or more of the following: 3D asset creation, shader creation, rigging, procedural animation logic is a plus.
- Experience with Python and with pipeline scripting in Autodesk Maya or other DCC applications is a plus.
- Leadership experience is a plus.
- Work experience creating an RTS game is a plus.
- Networking experience is a plus.